Call for Entries: Tile of Spain Awards
The annual awards honor international excellence in projects with Spanish ceramic tile in three categories: Architecture, Interior Design and Degree Project in Architecture
Tile of Spain, the international brand representing 125 ceramic tile manufacturers belonging to the Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturers’ Association (ASCER), announces an open call for the 15th Tile of Spain Awards competition.
A jury of recognized international architecture and design professionals will judge the awards. Presiding over the 15th edition panel of jurors is Portuguese architect Gonçalo Byrne, winner of numerous accolades, including the Gold Medal of the French Academy of Architecture and Rome’s Piranesi Award. The jury includes:
- Elisa Valero – professor at the Granada School of Architecture
- Iñaqui Carnicero – visiting lecturer at Cornell University; organizer of the Spanish Pavilion exhibition at the XV Venice Biennale
- Nani Marquina – highly-acclaimed designer and President of the Professional Design Association
- Nuno Brandão Costa – an outstanding Portuguese architect who has collaborated with a large number of exhibitions and events including the Venice Biennale
- Ramón Monfort – founding member of the Ceramic Design Centre, chairman of the Castellón Architects Professional Association and Dean of Valencia’s Official Professional Architects Association
- Ricardo Sánchez Lampreave – lecturer at various architecture schools and universities, organizer of a number of exhibitions and a highly prolific editor of architectural journals.
The ultimate aim of the Tile of Spain Awards is to promote the global use of Spanish ceramic tiles in architecture and interior design. Registration is now open and the deadline for submitting entries is October 22th, 2016. The main requirement to participate is that the projects use ceramic tiles made in Spain.
The Tile of Spain Awards have a total prize fund of 39,000 euros (approx $43,000) U.S., which will be divided amongst three categories. The two main categories of Architecture and Interior Design are awarded cash prizes of 17,000 euros each. Honorable mentions may also be given in both of these categories, according to the consideration of the jury. The third category, Degree Project, is aimed at students of architecture, and is awarded 5,000 euros.
Complete competition rules and entry form are available at www.tileofspainawards.com.google.com, pub-4229039576385504, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 google.com, pub-4229039576385504, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 [wp_ad_camp_2]