NTCA Offering 25 Training Events, Workshops in May
The National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) is reaching out to tile contractors in California, Florida, Indiana, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas in May, bringing a robust schedule of 21 free standards-based workshops your neck of the woods.
These workshops are afternoon or free evening events, open to tile installers and contractors, as well as sales personnel and the A&D community – anyone who wants to learn more about standards-based installation practices. They feature networking time, a catered meal, a chance to win useful and valuable prizes, and of course, priceless training from industry pros.
Each NTCA workshop is presented by NTCA Technical Trainers who have been installing tile themselves for many years or who still maintain their tile installation business. Workshops – made possible through the support of generous sponsors who believe in elevating the industry through education — feature one of the following topics:
- Ins and Outs of Layout for Contractors
- Tile Matters – Best Practices for the Pros
- Failures – Could It Be Me?
Upcoming workshops are planned for:
- May 3 – Floor & Decor – Milpitas, CA
- May 4 – Daltile – Fairfield, CA
- May 5 – Daltile – Santa Rosa, CA
- May 10 – Daltile – Sarasota, FL
- May 10 – Daltile – Brooklyn Heights, OH
- May 10 – Floor & Decor – Austin, TX
- May 11 – Floor & Decor — Port St. Lucie, FL
- May 11 – Florida Tile – Cincinnati, OH
- May 11 – Interceramic – Houston, TX
- May 12 – Daltile – Melbourne, FL
- May 12 – Floor & Decor – Greenwood, IN
- May 12 – The Tile Shop – Dallas, TX
- May 17 – Floor & Decor – Mesquite, TX
- May 17 – Daltile – Livermore, CA
- May 17 – The Tile Shop – Langhorne, PA
- May 18 – Floor & Decor – Sacramento, CA
- May 18 – Floor & Decor – Devon, PA
- May 19 – Interceramic – San Antonio, TX
- May 19 – Floor & Decor – Reno, NV
- May 19 – Floor & Decor – Levittown, PA
- May 24 – Arley Wholesale – Scranton, PA
- May 25 – Arley Wholesale, sponsor, hosted at Gemini Tile – Middletown, N.Y.
For full information on each event, click here to visit the Events Calendar and register.
Regional GPTP Training
Have you been eagerly anticipating Standards-based Installation of Gauged Porcelain Tile Panels (GPTP) and Slabs training in your area? In May, NTCA Trainers will bring this training to conveniently-located sites in Memphis, Tenn., Norcross/Atlanta, Ga., and Delray Beach and Miami Gardens, Fla.
On Wednesday, May 4, tile contractors will have the opportunity to learn about the correct techniques and methods to handle and install GPTP. NTCA Trainers Robb Roderick and Chad Jones will present the Memphis event, sponsored by Atlas Concorde and hosted by BPI at 3263 Sharpe Avenue, Memphis. For more information, contact Chad Ross at 901.870.3476, or email email@example.com. To register, click here.
The following Friday, May 13, the GPTP training will come to Norcross, Ga., in the Atlanta area, sponsored by Crossville, and hosted at Crossville Studios, at 1256 Oakbrook Dr., Suite F in Norcross. NTCA Trainers Randy Fleming and Chad Jones will present the program. For more information, contact Kristen White at 678.527.8453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, click here.
On Wednesday, May 18, Atlas Concorde will sponsor GPTP training at D&B Tile Distributors at 781 South Congress Avenue in Delray Beach, Fla. NTCA Trainers Matt Welner and Chad Jones will present the program. For more information, contact Vince McIntyre and Maddy Diaz at 561.478.4242 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, click here.
Rounding out the NTCA Regional Training in May is a Wednesday event on May 25 sponsored and hosted by Floor & Decor at 1400 NW 167th Street, Miami Gardens, Fla. NTCA Trainers Matt Welner, Mark Heinlein and Chad Jones will present the program. For more information, contact Christian Insua at 954.295.1095 or email Christian.Insua@flooranddecor.com. To register, click here.
These all-day trainings focusing on Standards-based Installation of Gauged Porcelain Tile Panels and Slabs will begin at 7:30 a.m.
If your May schedule is full, looking ahead to June, NTCA will conduct two GPTP trainings: June 3 in Doral, Fla., and June 15 in Atlanta, Ga. Click here to learn more.
With the demand for GPTP skyrocketing, this training can give you the grounding to install these panels with confidence and accuracy. This free training will teach you the new tile industry standards and methods for installing GPTP. You’ll also learn how GPTP is made, where it can be used and the special tools, setting materials and techniques required to install it.
This program will stress:
- Industry standards and methods relevant to the subject area
- Adherence to manufacturer instructions
- Substrate analysis and preparation
- Selection and installation materials such as mortars, membranes, grouts, sealants, drains and related setting materials
- Selection and use of tools including specialty tools
- Efficient workflow and teamwork
- Job site safety and health practices
Demand for this free training is high. Be sure to register early. To ensure the best training experience possible, registration is limited. If the class is full, your registration will be added to our waiting list and you will be contacted if a seat opens.