NTCA February Workshops, Regional Events: Art Glass Panel Training Added
There will be several National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) workshop opportunities presented for February: nine NTCA Workshops, two Regional Events and two Art Glass Panel trainings sessions to help you up your game and expand your skills.
Workshops: Missouri, Pennsylvania, California and Texas
These nine free standards-based workshops puts you in touch with peers and industry experts as your learn new skills and information, enjoy a catered meal from local eateries, and a chance to win valuable prizes.
The three-hour afternoon or evening events are open to tile installers and contractors, as well as sales personnel and the A&D community – anyone who wants to learn more about standards-based installation practices.
Each NTCA Workshop is presented by NTCA Technical Trainers who have been installing tile themselves for many years or who still maintain their tile installation business. Workshops – made possible through the support of generous sponsors who believe in elevating the industry through education — feature one of the following topics:
- Ins and Outs of Layout for Contractors
- Tile Matters – Best Practices for the Pros
- Failures – Could It Be Me?
- Tile Technology – Adhesives, Trowels, Lippage
Check out the February Workshop schedule and join us at an event:
- 2/2 – The Tile Shop, Ellisville, MO
- 2/7 – Daltile, Scranton, PA
- 2/8 – Daltile, Allentown, PA
- 2/9 – Daltile, Plymouth Meeting, PA
- 2/21 – Floor & Decor, Pleasant Hill, CA
- 2/22 – Floor & Decor, Bakersfield, CA
- 2/23 – Daltile, Fresno, CA
- 2/28 – Floor & Decor, Houston, TX
Show your trade a little love by attending one of these NTCA workshops. For full information on each event, click https://bit.ly/3TsR8Tk to visit the Event Calendar on the NTCA website, where you can register.
Regional Training: Draper, Salt Lake City, UT
Utah contractors have a chance to learn about Substrate Prep and Large Format Tile installation and GPTP installation during two free day-long NTCA Regional Training Events in February.
- 2/17 – Floor & Decor is hosting and sponsoring the Substrate Prep and Large Format Tile training in Draper Utah. For more information or to register, call 714.385.3329 or email [email protected].
- 2/22 -Learn about GPTP installation at on February 22 at the event at Salt Lake City, hosted and sponsored by Daltile. Register by contacting Brandon Egan by email at [email protected] or phone at 801.487.3590.
The Substrate Preparation and Large-Format Tile Training will show you how to use the ANSI A 108 standards and TCNA Handbook to address real world challenges in hands-on installations focusing on substrate examination and preparation for setting large-format tile.
The program will address:
- ANSI standards and how to apply them
- How to use the TCNA Handbook
- Different substrates and standards that apply to them
- Substrate preparation
- Setting large-format tile
The GPTP/Slabs Training equips you to install porcelain panels with confidence and accuracy. Learn new tile industry standards and methods for installing GPTP, how GPTP is made, where it can be used, and special tools, setting materials and techniques required to install it. This program will emphasize:
- Introduction to tile industry standards
- Use of ANSI A108.19 to install Gauged Porcelain Tile and Panels
- Use of specialty tools and setting materials to install GPTP
- Working with a team to install GPTP
Demand for this free training is high. Be sure to register early. To ensure the best training experience possible, registration is limited. If the class is full, your registration will be added to our waiting list and you will be contacted if a seat opens. Consult the NTCA Event Calendar at https://bit.ly/3TsR8Tk for more information about these trainings.
Art Glass Panel Training: Bronx, NY
This brand new training is a two-day intensive that equips qualified tile contractors to install luxurious, high-end Vetrite glass tile panels from Sicis. Qualified contractors must sign up for both days.
Attendees who fully complete all course requirements will be eligible for manufacturer certification for Art Glass Panel installation and will be placed on a preferred installer/contractor list. They will also receive a Certificate of Course Completion from the NTCA.
2/16-17 – Sicis North America, Bronx, NY
2/22-23 – Sicis North America, Bronx, NY
Attendees of NTCA’s Art Glass Panel Installation program will experience an advanced training program where they will:
- Learn about glass of many types
- Will gain the knowledge, ability and confidence to understand, handle, fabricate and install very large art glass panels to create custom installations on walls in interior wet and dry areas using a direct bond adhesive method following manufacturer instructions.
Be sure to visit the Event Calendar at https://bit.ly/3TsR8Tk to get full details on registration and prequalification requirements for these trainings.